HV Electrical Test Engineer – Sheffield
HV Electrical Test Engineer - Sheffield
|Reference||HV Electrical Test Engineer - Sheffield|
|Discipline||Must have experience in this role|
|Location||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
Logical PS are recruiting on behalf of a leading engineering company.
We are recruiting for a HV Electrical Test Engineer in Sheffield.
- The successful applicant will have direct responsibility for planning and executing routine and diagnostic testing on electrical machines both on Site and within the Workshop and providing assistance and technical support to the Field Service Team
- Candidate will be directly responsible for conducting & overseeing a range of high and low voltage diagnostic electrical tests
- The role will involve travel both within the UK, offshore and overseas as required.
- Perform an extensive range of electrical tests to approved safe procedures and relevant standards on a large range of electrical machines.
- Accurate recording, interpretation and analysis of results.
- Writing of clear and concise technical reports.
- Liaison with customers over technical queries.
- Fault finding and emergency call out site support on Generators, and Motors
- Supporting technical assessments of customer machines in works.
- Maintaining test and equipment records.
- Development and expansion of test facilities and equipment.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of conducting diagnostic testing including IR/PI, Tan, Hi Pot, PD,ELCiD, RSO & HF within a similar motor/generator service or manufacturing environment.
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering or technical discipline.
- Have practical experience in high voltage electrical testing of large electrical machines.
- Knowledge and experience of working to standards.
- Self-motivated with a high regard for safety and quality.
- Fluent English speaking with good verbal, computer and written skills.
- Highly organised and able to work with minimal supervision or within multi-skilled team.
- Familiarity with Automatic Voltage Regulators, Excitation Systems, Generator Protection Schemes and I &C circuitry and fault finding would be an advantage.
This is a permanent position, offering an excellent salary and benefits.
Logical PS are acting on behalf of our client.
If you are interested in this vacancy please ensure that you apply as soon as possible as there are only a limited number of positions available. Please apply by filling out all of your details fully below as well as adding your CV and your current contact details. If you would wish to enquire further about this vacancy please contact us today and ask for Logical on 01454 279 100 quoting ‘ HV Electrical Test Engineer – Sheffield ’.
If you are you looking for work please call us as soon as possible to register yourself.
For more vacancies that are just like this one please follow the link by clicking here.