Materials Buyer Jobs – Pontefract
Materials Buyer - £35,000 - £40,000/annum+Car allowance+Benefits
|Reference||Materials Buyer Jobs - Pontefract|
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000/annum+Car allowance+Benefits|
|Discipline||You must have previous experience of working for a building contractor or housing builder|
My client is a well established contractor with an excellent reputation for delivering projects on time and to budget. Due to continued growth they have Materials Buyer Jobs available in Pontefract, providing the right applicant a full time permanent basis role. You must have previous experience of working for a building contractor or housing builder.
Your role will include the procurement of materials and plant to the Company’s requirements in addition to ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates, within the available budget allowance.
Your main duties will be:
- Ensure quality and performance of materials fall in line with acceptable standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with supplier and manufacturers.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- To purchase where appropriate in accordance with Group purchase deals
- Identify and “take off” where necessary materials.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials.
- Advise Surveyors of costs for budgetary purposes.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, progress the delivery of supplies in order to comply with the site building programme.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise between orders, goods received and invoices. Also make decision on this account and authorise payments.
- Attend Site Meetings at key stages in order to review general progress on site and to decide on any future action necessary.
- Establish, monitor and ensure payment of negotiated rebate agreements as allocated.
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a leading business.
Apply as soon as possible as there are only a limited number of positions available. Please apply by filling out all of your details below, adding your CV and current contact details. If you would wish to enquire further about this vacancy, please contact us today and ask for Christian on 01142870461 quoting ‘Materials Buyer Jobs – Pontefract’.
If you are you looking for work please call us as soon as possible to register yourself.
For more vacancies that are just like this one please follow the link by clicking here.